Prepare to be whelmed - this year's Lovers by Lakeside movie has been revealed!
Each year the Australia Botanic Garden, Mount Annan holds an outdoor cinema event on the picturesque lake to celebrate Valentine's Day, and 2022's film is sure to bring a crowd.
Iconic 1999 rom-com 10 Things I Hate About You is the order of the night - and you could win tickets to see it.
The hugely quotable Shakespearean adaptation starred a young Heath Ledger and early-oughts it girl Julia Stiles as Patrick and Kat.
Kat is a classic angry teen with no time for trifling with immature high school boys, while Patrick is the mysterious Aussie transfer with a bad reputation.
Cameron (a young Joseph Gordon-Levitt), wants to date Kat's younger sister Bianca (Larisa Oleynik) but knows the only way he can take her to the school dance is if Kat also has a date - so he pays Patrick to woo the older sibling.
The already fantastic Lovers by Lakeside event has gotten even better this time around, with the introduction of VIP tickets and food hampers to make the picnic experience even more special.
Folks can choose from a charcuterie box, veggie garden box or the special 'Sweets for my Sweet' box.
Lovers by Lakeside will be held on Monday, February 14 with gates opening at 7.30pm for the film to start at 8.15pm. Tickets range from $45-$110.
SEATING OPTIONS (PER COUPLE)
- Ultimate Sweethearts - Numbered bean bag seating, box of chocolates, box of popcorn, prime viewing front of screen plus VIP parking
- Laidback Lovers - Bean bag seating, box of popcorn and next level viewing behind VIP seating
- Privacy Seekers - Designated spot in general admission seating
HAMPER OPTIONS (PER COUPLE)
- Charcuterie Box- Wood smoked ham shavings, dry cured salami, green olive mortadella, southcape double brie, Black Jack aged cheddar, house-made dips (beetroot and hummus), marinated black and green olives, sweet potato rosti, marinated olives, fresh seasonal fruits, wafers, sesame lavosh, and crisps
- Veggie Garden Box- Herbed cashew cheese, marinated mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, marinated black and green olives, pickles, sweet potato rosti, house-made dips (beetroot, hummus and pesto), fresh seasonal fruits, wafers, sesame lavosh, crisps, dried fruits and nuts
- Sweet for my sweet box- Buttercream vanilla cupcakes, rocky road, chocolate pretzels, french macarons, doughnuts, milk chocolate pots with strawberries and marshmallows, fresh seasonal fruits and assorted candy to decorate
- When: Monday,14 February, gates open at 7:30pm, film from 8:15pm
- Where: Lakeside Lawn, Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan
- Film: 10 Things I Hate About You
- Ticket Price: $45 - $110
- Parking: Free (grass area) or VIP parking car park
- Age: Adults only (sorry no kids at this one)
- Drinks/Alcohol: This is a BYO event. Food included in Ultimate Sweetheart and Laidback Lovers package plus the extra hampers available for purchase
Australian Community Media has two double passes of the Laidback Lovers package to give away thanks to our good friends at the Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan.
For your chance to win, simply fill out the form below and tell us your favourite rom-com quote.
Entries close Tuesday, February 1.
Please read the terms and conditions.