Camden's up and coming footballers will continue to be able to get up close and personal with their Macarthur FC heroes in future.
Camden Council has announced that it will committ more than $20,000 in sponsorship funds to the region's A-League club on a yearly basis.
Macarthur FC reached the A-League finals series in its inaugural year and has already signed on new players for the next season.
Camden mayor Theresa Fedeli said the council's sponsorship of the club would benefit the entire Camden community.
"Macarthur FC has been a breath of fresh air in the sporting landscape of our country, and it is a pleasure to have a team representing the Camden area," Cr Fedeli said.
"This sponsorship will allow our residents and in particular local footballers to not only meet the players, but also go along the journey."
The club, which represents greater south west Sydney region, will have a direct connection to Camden residents through:
- School holiday activities - including four school holiday clinics for local juniors in the Camden area
- Macarthur FC players to assist in promotion of council programs
- New resident engagement
- Macarthur FC to be invited to participate in council events
- Promotion of Macarthur FC through Camden area including banners
- Council to provide access to field and amenities usage to Macarthur FC
"Local footballers will also have the chance to enter the club's pathway system with the hope of one day becoming professionals themselves," Cr Fedeli said.
"I'd like to wish the club the best of luck in the upcoming A-League season. No doubt they will do Camden and the greater Macarthur region proud."
The sponsorship package is valued at $24,000.