Missing Person's Week is under way and the NSW Police Force is hoping to raise awareness about the region's missing people.
The NSW Government, together with the NSW Police Force, has announced a $1 million reward for information into the disappearance of Ian Draper nearly 20 years ago.
Ian Charles Draper - then aged 37 - was last seen leaving his workplace at Mount Pritchard Community Club, Mount Pritchard, driving his 1992 white Ford Falcon on Friday, August 3, 2001.
Mr Draper's vehicle was later located at Leppington on Monday, September 17, 2001, unlocked and undamaged.
Police say a forensic examination of the vehicle was later conducted, however, no further evidence was obtained.
"Initial inquiries conducted by Cabramatta Local Area Command confirmed that Mr Draper had not used or accessed his phone or bank accounts since his disappearance," the NSW Police Force statement said.
"In 2004, a Coronial Inquest found Mr Draper had died, however, the circumstances could not be determined."
The State Crime Command's Homicide Squad has conducted extensive investigations into Mr Draper's death as part of Strike Force Tuno II since 2008.
Police say no one has been charged in relation to Mr Draper's disappearance, and his body has never been located.
Police and Emergency Services minister David Elliott said he hoped the ten-fold increase in the NSW Government reward will be the catalyst for someone to come forward with new information.
"Tomorrow - August 3 - is exactly 20 years since Ian was last seen; that's 20 long years his family has spent searching for answers," Mr Elliott said.
"The NSW Government has increased the reward for information into Ian's disappearance to $1 million, which demonstrates just how seriously we support the Homicide Squad's investigation.
"This is a significant inducement for whoever has that crucial piece of information, to come forward and tell police what happened to Ian."
Mr Draper's mother, Janet Draper, said her family missed him more than words could express.
"Last week was Ian's birthday and we have now spent 20 years without him, missing out on celebrating these milestones and many other special family occasions," Mrs Draper said.
"Ian was a loving son, brother, uncle and friend and taken far too soon.
"If anyone in the community has any information at all about what happened to our son or can help locate his remains, please, please, contact the police."
MACARTHUR'S MISSING PEOPLE
Debbie Ashby was last seen leaving her family home at Leumeah more than 30 years ago.
The rebellious 16-year-old set off to visit a friend's house at 1pm on October 9, 1987.
Before Debbie disappeared she had experienced threats at school and had wanted to move schools.
Debbie didn't take any clothing with her and has not been seen since.
The last her family heard from her was a phone call a few days after she left home saying she was all right.
Debbie is just one of at least six people missing from the Macarthur region.
This year the NSW Police Force hope to use Missing Persons Week campaign to raise awareness of the issues and impacts surrounding missing persons.
Missing Persons Week is a national campaign held nationally and will continue until Saturday, August 7.
Stephen Turvey has been missing from his Glenfield home for more than 40 years.
The then-15-year-old was last seen at home about 1pm on Saturday, November 13, 1976.
Stephen went for a bike ride and was expected home later that afternoon.
His family reported him missing to the police when he did not arrive home.
The region's other missing people include Stephen Roach who was last seen in Ingleburn on November 9, 1993.
He left his address in Cumberland Road and has not been seen since.
He was driving a 1978 Datsun 180B, registration HPM 054, lime green with a black vinyl roof.
There was a renewed push for information in the disappearance and suspected murder of Macarthur's Tracey Valesini in 2017.
Ms Valesini was last seen at Campbelltown Courthouse on January 8, 1993.
She had been attending a custody hearing for her daughter, Crystal-Lee, then two.
The matter was to return to court on February 12, but Ms Valesini failed to appear. Her family never heard from her again.
On what would have been Ms Valesini's 45th birthday, her family launched a public appeal for information, accompanied by detectives from the NSW Unsolved Homicide Team.
The state government announced a $100,000 reward for information in 2017.
Ian Hollis left his family home in Minto on May 15, 1986 and has not been seen since, and Camden's Mark Goldsmith was last seen in Sydney's inner-west on January 5, 2010.