Celebrate Camden's cultural diversity with a range of activities planned across the region for Harmony Week.
The annual week is a chance for Australians to celebrate living in a culturally diverse society.
Camden Council has planned a range of events and activities to mark this year's festivities.
Camden mayor Theresa Fedeli said the program allowed the community to celebrate its diversity in many exciting ways.
"Camden is home to over 100 different nationalities with people coming from 85 different countries as well as speaking 64 different languages," Cr Fedeli said.
"Each and every one of our community members are important to us and that is why this program has been put together, to give residents an opportunity to celebrate all of our backgrounds in the beautiful community that we live in.
"Whether it is getting together to watch a great movie or taking your little one to one of our dedicated Storytime sessions, there is something for everyone to enjoy and I encourage you to get involved."
- Movie festival - Council has scheduled a line-up of funny, entertaining and meaningful movies, each with a message that reflects those of Harmony Week. The first is the preview screening of Rosemary's Way, which celebrates Australia's Local Hero 2021, Oran Park resident and council Cohesive Communities Advisory Group Member, Rosemary Kariuki, and the group of vulnerable migrant women of suburban Sydney whose lives she helps transform from isolation to connection. The film will be screened at United Cinemas Narellan on March 19 from 6pm. Free tickets are available at unitedcinemas.com.au/narellan. Camden residents can also purchase a subsidised movie ticket to see Crazy Rich Asians on Saturday, March 27 at United Cinemas Narellan from 10am. Tickets are available from Tuesday, March 16 at unitedcinemas.com.au/narellan. Families can also enjoy a subsidised movie ticket to see Raya and the Last Dragon between Tuesday, March 16 and Wednesday, March 31 at United Cinema Narellan. Tickets are available for purchase between Tuesday, March 16 and Wednesday, March 31 at unitedcinemas.com.au/narellan
- Lights of Harmony Week - Camden Libraries and historical buildings will be lit in soft orange lighting between March 15 and 21 to celebrate strength in diversity
- Harmony Storytime and cultural book displays - Narellan and Oran Park Libraries will celebrate by dedicating their regular Storytime sessions to books promoting inclusiveness and respect between March 15 and 17 at Narellan Library. Oran Park Library will have a special Storytime on Friday, March 19
- Multicultural Monday at Alan Baker Art Gallery - Every Monday evening in March local creatives will share their artistic talents
- Cultural fashion parade photo competition - Take a photo of you, your family or your community group in your traditional or cultural dress and enter via Camden Council's website. Entries are open from Wednesday, March 10 to Wednesday, March 31 for your chance to win one of five $100 Cultural Dinning Gift Vouchers.
For more information, visit: camden.nsw.gov.au.