Wollondilly Council is set to receive $250,000 in bushfire relief funding to promote community well-being, social and future disaster resilience.
The Green Wattle Creek bushfire damaged or destroyed more than 30 homes in Wollondilly earlier this year.
More than 270 rural landholders were affected.
Wollondilly mayor Robert Khan said the funding boost would help support the region's recovery.
"Wollondilly Council welcomes this additional bushfire funding which will help us continue to support the ongoing recovery and future resilience of our community, 12 months on from the Green Wattle Creek bushfire," Cr Khan said.
"Projects will focus on strengthening the community's knowledge base, resilience and social connectedness.
"We look forward to delivering more education and awareness activities, developing asset mapping to profile all our villages, training up our bushfire impacted youth and supporting residents to regenerate the natural environment.
"We will also be developing a Recovery Hub Toolkit which can then be used by communities all over Australia to play an active role in recovery following a natural disaster."
Both the federal and state government has teamed up to provide disaster funding under the Bushfire Community Recovery and Resilience Fund (BCRRF).
Hume MP Angus Taylor said that council would receive the $250,000 payment under BCRRF Stream 1.
"This funding will allow Wollondilly Shire Council to manage a community grants program and strengthen community knowledge and resilience through a Recovery Hub Toolkit and capacity building programs," Mr Taylor said.
"Wollondilly Shire residents in my electorate displayed enormous courage fighting and dealing with the aftermath of the devastating Summer bushfires.
"This grant package is especially welcomed as it will be managed by locals, for the long-term benefit of locals and assist with the transition from recovery to prosperity."
Mr Taylor said the closing date for community applications for stream two of the BCRRF will be extended to provide adequate time for applications to be submitted.
Applications will be accepted until 12pm on December 11, 2020 and can be submitted at: www.emergency.nsw.gov.au.