A Macquarie Fields man has been charged following an alleged shooting at a Goulburn home earlier this month.
The man, 32, went to a house on Strathallen Crescent, Goulburn, about 7.50pm on June 9 and knocked on the door.
When nobody answered, the man allegedly used a shortened firearm to fire a shot into the house before driving away.
The incident was reported to police the next day and Hume Police District officers launched an investigation.
Police arrested the man at a home on Fraser Street, Macquarie Fields, yesterday (Tuesday, June 18).
He was taken to Campbelltown Police Station and charged with:
- Breaching an apprehended violence order (AVO).
- Discharging a firearm into a premises.
- Possessing a shortened firearm
- Being armed with intent to commit an indictable offence.
- Possessing an unauthorised firearm.
The man was refused bail to appear at Campbelltown local court today (Wednesday, June 19).