Canberra's off-contract five-eighth Blake Austin wants to remain with the Raiders next year, declaring he would love to stay in the nation's capital.
The 27-year-old knocked back a deal from the club last year, believed to be $1.4 million over two years but, in April, he said money wasn't the reason for turning it down.
Instead, Austin said he was weighing up whether to stay in Canberra, long term, or move back home to Sydney, where he had played previously for Penrith and the West Tigers.
"I'd still love to be in Canberra; my kids are comfortable here," Austin said on Wednesday.
"It's making sure everything is right and being comfortable in putting a signature on a piece of paper because I want to be 100 per cent committed in helping the Raiders get some success."
Austin conceded the uncertainty around his future wasn't ideal and he would like some security either way soon, but he had not place a time frame on making a decision.
"(Contracts) are something pretty easy for you guys (the media) to write about and I saw Aidan (Sezer) wasn't too comfortable answering questions (on Tuesday)," Austin said.
"One thing I've learned to do is back myself and that's what I'll continue to do on the field."
Austin is one of 10 Raiders off contract at the end of the season, including his halves partner. Sezer on Tuesday said "nothing's changed" on his playing future.
It's been reported the former Gold Coast player is set to re-sign with the Raiders on a two-year deal.
Fellow key Canberra players Shannon Boyd, Josh Papalii, Sia Soliola and Luke Bateman are yet to decide on their futures, while forward Junior Paulo is likely to head to back to Parramatta on a mammoth four-year deal.
Australian Associated Press