Get ready Currans Hill and Harrington Park residents – two huge new parks are coming your way.
Camden Council has completed plans for the new playgrounds at Harrington Park Lake Reserve and Sedgewick Reserve.
This year, the council allocated $2 million for the design and construction of the play spaces similar to the popular Birriwa Outdoor Reserve.
Camden mayor Lara Symkowiak said recreation spaces were a top priority for the council.
“It is important to council that these parks provide teenagers and children with active, challenging and enjoyable spaces,” she said.
“Both parks have been designed to incorporate the natural landscape of each site to create unique, attractive and interactive recreation facilities.
“These new facilities will complement the youth space at Birriwa Reserve and offer further options to families, children and young people across Camden.”
Plans for Harrington Park Lake Reserve, Harrington Park include:
• Slides and climbing structures on the existing slope
• Skate elements
• Challenging climbing and ninja warrior style equipment
• A multi-use path for skaters, scooter and bicycles.
• The existing carpark will be moved to the entry of the site, off Fairwater Drive and picnic facilities and landscaping installed.
Plans for Sedgewick Reserve, Currans Hill include:
• The existing young children’s playground will be expanded and incorporated into the design
• A sensory path and equipment to enhance diversity of play experiences
• Areas for skating, scooters and bikes
• Large play structures like trampolines and climbing apparatus
• A carpark drop-off with disability parking, family parking and mini bus bay will be built near a main entry point.
Both parks will be constructed and ready to open late next year.
The parks were designed using resident input gathered during community consultation in May this year.
The plans are now on display for public feedback.
Designs for the water play space at Curry Reserve, Camden will be finalised and available to view early next year.
The concept designs are available at camden.nsw.gov.au.