THE words "all rise" were said for the final time in Camden Court on Friday.
It was the final sitting day after 173 years in Camden as state government budget cuts forced the transfer of sittings to Picton from this week, effectively shutting down the courthouse.
The registry office behind the court will remain open.
Camden Court's fate was sealed last year when Chief Magistrate Graeme Henson revealed a plan to transfer all cases to Picton as a cost-saving measure.
The plan angered local lawyers who warned the move would create delays in the legal system, but they were unable to sway then-attorney general Greg Smith to reject the proposal.
"It would be a great inconvenience to people and the facilities at Picton would not be able to cope," Macarthur Law Society vice-president Bruce Hanrahan told the Advertiser at the time.
NSW shadow attorney-general Paul Lynch said the government was treating Camden residents with contempt.
Before its closure, more than $200,000 was spent to renovate the court.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.