Service Person Driver - Permanent
- Largest family-owned equipment hire company | Ongoing training & development
- Profit Share | Access to EAP | Discounts on insurance, eye care, travel + more
- Uniforms & PPE provided | Annual Awards Program | Current Drivers Licence a must
- No experience required - Full training provided | Parking available | Located in Roxby Downs
- Monday to Friday | Full Time or Fixed Hours for suitable candidate
- $71,000 package + Super + a $1,000 sign on bonus (details in advert)
About the role
As the Kennards Hire representative to our customers, we support you with the training and development you need to be successful in your role. The Service Person Driver is the critical link between a Kennards Hire branch, our customers and their projects, big or small. You'll be in charge of everything that makes our customers' job easy; expert advice, pickups, deliveries and making sure our equipment is ready for hire.
This role requires you to;
- Instruct and demonstrate to customers on how to safely use our equipment.
- As the Driver, perform pickup and delivery of equipment from customer sites, which includes safely loading and unloading of equipment
- Provide exceptional customer service in all customer interactions
- Maintain the high standard and quality of equipment through regular servicing and minor repairs.
- Perform cleaning of branch facilities and maintenance of equipment as required
- Perform equipment 'check in' and 'check out' inspections
- Successful applicants have come from various backgrounds such as; Customer service, building & construction, hospitality, retail, driver, landscaping, trade & maintenance.
- A current driver's licence
- The availability to work Monday to Friday (full time or set hours for the right candidate)
- This role requires some physical components including lifting and standing on your feet for long periods. A level of physical fitness is required and the ability to pass a drug test
- Strong communication skills
- Be proactive and keen to learn new skills
- An interest in machinery and equipment, although training will be provided
- A positive attitude and team player
- A COVID-19 vaccination is preferred for this role as Kennards Hire operates as part of the construction industry in South Australia and our customer sites may require this
Why join the family
- We are Australia and New Zealand's largest family-owned equipment hire company
- We are a great place to work certified employer offering a great company and team culture no matter where you work
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do; One Family, Fair Dinkum, Taking Hire Higher & Every Customer a Raving Fan
- We offer great Benefits & Rewards such as;
- Profit Share bonus
- Paid Parental Leave
- Extensive training and development throughout your career with us
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities - across state and international borders
- Staff discount rates on our hire gear
- Access to our employee benefits program including discounts on insurance, eye care, travel and more!
- Annual Awards night, Team BBQs and many other fun social events
Salary Breakdown -
- $1,000 sign on bonus is paid after 90 days
- Base salary of $63,500, *Profit Share average $4,000, *Remote Allowance TBC + 10% Superannuation
- *Profit share bonus is variable and is paid twice a year. The average annual payment is $4,000. The actual amount paid depends on the financial performance of the branch and company as well as branch quality standards achieved.
- *Remote Allowance amount determined at offer stage.
Please note: Background/Police Checks will be carried out as part of the recruitment process
Simply hit the Apply Now button and we look forward to talking with you!