Your new company
This local government office if full of passionate professionals who genuinely love what they do. Due to increased funding and opportunities for growth and improvement of infrastructure, they are after someone to join their team to provide technical support to ensure the provision and delivery of quality engineering services.
Your new role
- Assist the Projects Manager in the investigation, planning, and supervision of capital and major maintenance projects.
- Undertake monitoring and quality assurance of works undertaken by Council and contractors.
- Investigate and respond to customer requests for relevant infrastructure related matters
- Conduct audits analyse risk assessments and prepare Safe Work Procedures.
- Investigation into engineering matters to ensure compliance with all legislation, relevant standards, policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development and review of engineering policies and procedures.
- Liaison with relevant utility authorities (dial before you dig, Country Energy, etc.) in relation to the design and proposed works to ensure best possible solutions where services conflict.
- Carrying out civil engineering site inspections as directed.
- The provision of timely and relevant reports as required
- Liaise with Council’s Environmental Services Department with respect to environmental issues pertaining to construction
What you'll need to succeed
- Formal qualifications in Civil Engineering, Project Management or extensive relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated experience with planning and supervision of civil infrastructure construction and maintenance works including roads, bridges, drainage, etc.
- Ability to analyse and provide relevant information to supervisors and management
- Ability to read plans and estimate quantities
- Demonstrated understanding of WH&S legislation and principles
- Knowledge and experience of relevant software including the Microsoft Office Suite, GIS software, etc
- Knowledge and understanding of Engineering principles and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of Survey principles and procedures with regards to detailed surveys and construction set out
- Knowledge of relevant safety standards and principles
- Knowledge of Asset Management principles
What you'll get in return
An excellent contract opportunity to work with a well-respected Council in one of NSW's most picturesque regions, to be a part of a professional and passionate team, all with an attractive hourly rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Janine Gouws on 02 4032 8650 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2647600